Ugh, disappointing results...

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now I'm shooting with a film SLR and trying to find the best way to get those images into digital, so I had the negatives scanned at a "pro" photo lab. This is an example of what they delivered...
36470021.jpg

:meh:

Oh :(
It has scratches (which would bug me if the lab did that to my negatives, though actually they do it all the time :(), and the pic requires some PS work ... though the result is better than what I get out of my flatbed scanner when I put on the prints! (It used to be better, I fear those el-cheapo scanners wear themselves out pretty soon, though).

Yep, I know some PP would help the image, I wanted to post it "as delivered".

I have to inspect the negatives to see if they were scratched... the prints I got from them were OK... but that was before the scanning. If they scratched them, I'll let them know, maybe they can fix something. For sure I will give them no more to scan.

I'll scan the print in my "der-billigo" (;)) scanner to see which is better (worse?)

I scan my own for the net these days, but if I have a large job I have them scanned at the drugstore and am perfectly satisfied. I don't know if it has been just luck or what but I haven't had bad scans yet. But I am told it is mostly in the equipment.

If I need to crop one severly, then I scan it on my slightly higher resolution scanner. I would do them all but it is very time consuming.

Most reactions

Back