Uk Urbex C&C welcome

Awiserbud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I stumbled across this place today and decided i had to go back this evening for a spot of urbex, Armed with my D7000, Tokina 11-16, tripod and a small LED pocket torch I managed to find a way in and headed through the undergrowth towards the abandoned house.
Apart from a few street lights in the distance it was pretty much pitch black, I went alone so naturally i was a bit aprehensive, with one eye over my shoulder i found an open doorway and ventured inside, The tiny pocket torch i had with me did very little to guide me through the rooms, there was debris pretty much everywhere so carefully i moved from room to room unsure at what i was actually looking at. I used 15 second exposures for most of the shots using the torch to illuminate the walls, you can imagine how fast my heart was beating when i pointed it towards the walls in the third room and read what was on them!
I was quite pleased with my results bearing in mind this is the first time i have ever tried my hand at urbex, and i was obviously forced to use manual focus.
Anyway always happy to hear your thoughts.

$STE_3385 resized.jpg$STE_3398 resized.jpg$STE_3399 resized.jpg$STE_3400 resized.jpg$STE_3401 resized.jpg$STE_3402 resized.jpg$STE_3389 resized.jpg

Interesting setting. I like #2 the best.

Although some of the pictures seem distorted (#3 mostly)? Is it because of the lens you're using or is the house leaning?

Although some of the pictures seem distorted (#3 mostly)? Is it because of the lens you're using or is the house leaning?

The house probably was distorted !! but its mostly due to the ultra wide 11-16 tokina lens, It could have been corrected, but for these types of shots its just not important (IMO)

The house probably was distorted !! but its mostly due to the ultra wide 11-16 tokina lens, It could have been corrected, but for these types of shots its just not important (IMO)
I see.

Creepy set haha.
I would never have even ventured into that house...

I went alone so naturally i was a bit aprehensive
Word of advice from someone who does this every week: never go alone. Not only could you run into less-than-desirable characters but also abandoned buildings can be a big hazard in themselves – floors that cave in, ceilings that collapse, et cetera.

If you really need to go alone, let someone know where you will be and when to expect you back.

I agree i dont see distortion being a problem, in fact i think it adds to the creepyness. Very cool images!

Word of advice from someone who does this every week: never go alone. Not only could you run into less-than-desirable characters but also abandoned buildings can be a big hazard in themselves – floors that cave in, ceilings that collapse, et cetera.

If you really need to go alone, let someone know where you will be and when to expect you back.

I did have my phone with me, and obviously decided not to explore the more unstable looking rooms, I would have preffered to go with someone else but it was short notice.
have you posted any of your urbex stuff?

I did have my phone with me, and obviously decided not to explore the more unstable looking rooms, I would have preffered to go with someone else but it was short notice.
have you posted any of your urbex stuff?
99% of what I do is urbex (rurex, actually). Check my started threads here, my Facebook page or my site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back