Uk...Where to see planes at Manchester Airport?

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm spending the weekend in Manchester with the family in a couple of weeks, and we'll be staying very close to the airport. My daughter would enjoy seeing the planes land, and I would enjoy taking a few photos, too.

Does anyone know of a location to see this without going into the airport?

Maps, grid references, postcodes, sketches all welcome! :)

Thanks

I'm spending the weekend in Manchester with the family in a couple of weeks, and we'll be staying very close to the airport. My daughter would enjoy seeing the planes land, and I would enjoy taking a few photos, too.

Does anyone know of a location to see this without going into the airport?

Maps, grid references, postcodes, sketches all welcome! :)

Thanks

If you turn by the Ferranti factory you can see about 4-5 planes stacked on the way in, i think it is Ringway road usually lots of people and icecream van
just pull up and ask there will be lots of plane spotters about they will know all the good spots, i remember when you used to go through a revolving style and you could walk down the peirs right upto the planes and there used to be 1-2 hours between planes landing :lol:

I managed to get quite close in the end, alongside the runways. I don't have good enough long glass for the dreary late afternoons in Manchester, though, so these are a little grainy!

Was quite pleased with them, though. All at full 300mm, as wide an aperture as possible (f5.6 ish).

Finnair landing by Bend The Light, on Flickr

head on by Bend The Light, on Flickr

Was pleased to get the moment of touchdown here, too.

Lufthansa touchdown by Bend The Light, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back