Ultra wide angle lens

sk8ting

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to get an ultra wide angle lens for shooting some skating and snowboarding shots. I'm looking into a Tokina 12-24, and a Sigma 10-20. Can I have your opinions on these lens choices for shooting those kinds of shots?

For these kind of shots I recommend to go for fish-eye lens together with ultra wide len. The Sigma 10-20 (not the f/3.5 model) is a great lens. Take a look also at Tokina 11-16. All mentioned lenses are not perfect but can be used.

Sent from my SGH-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

Indeed. Being a student I don't have a lot of extra income to spend on photography. But I have heard good about the Sigma, although it's pricey (for me at least). How does the Tokina 11-16 compare to the 12-24?

I have only ezperience with Tokina 11-16. Try to search via google for direct comparison (e.g. kenrockwell.com). In my opinion the 11-16 is slightly better than 12-24, at least in sharpness.

Tokina 11-16 is great, its deffently on par with nikon as far as sharpness

I bought a 12-24 Tokina on eBay for 125$. The 11-16 was a bit outta my range for now.

For these kind of shots I recommend to go for fish-eye lens together with ultra wide len. The Sigma 10-20 (not the f/3.5 model) is a great lens. Take a look also at Tokina 11-16. All mentioned lenses are not perfect but can be used.

Why not the f3.5? That lens is amazing!

A fish eye would be dope for what you are doing too. Get one!

Why not the f3.5? That lens is amazing!

Good question! The 10-20 f/3.5 is better than the f/4-5.6 on pretty much every metric of quality... It is a little more expensive however.

Most reactions

Back