Umm... what part of 11ft did you not get?

his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was driving to the library with my son when I noticed some action. I was then very thankful to have brought my camera. :D

1)
truck1.jpg

The police had stopped all trafic coming in the direction of the truck. It was stuck in there good.

2)
truck2.jpg

A man from the tow-truck company lets air out of the tires so that the truck will get unstuck. Maybe it will be shorter than 11ft 10in after the air is let out???

2)
truck4.jpg

This is how stuck it was. I was a little nervous with the pipe so close to the train bridge. I am pretty sure the exahust came out fine.

4)
truck5.jpg

This was the guy letting the air out. I tried to frame him with the wires of the railing. Not sure if that was a good idea or not... but I thought it was worth a shot.

Sorry about how blown out all the pictures are. I was so nervous and excited about this little adventure. I was also rushing because my little one is only a year old and does not understand patients yet. Also... I was just plain nervous about taking the pictures... and thus did not get many... but at least I got out there and took some. Got to get better at that!

Thanks for looking. Any comments and suggetions will be appreatiated.

awesome pictures, and I like the framing. if you live in a not big city, did you submit them to the local paper?

This actually happens quite a bit...and letting the air out of the tires is almost always how they get it out.

This one isn't that bad at all...just a little scrape on the top of the cab. It's usually much worse when the box or a trailer get wedged in there.

I saw one not long ago where several feet of the roof of the trailer were peeled back. Makes you wonder.

Never seen it in person, but not being in traffic at that time, I think it's pretty funny.

this happens often where i live, a very low bridge in the downtown, and they trailers usually get completely recked. Ironic enough though, the bridge is right in front of the newspaper's office.

Lol, asoon as I saw the title I already knew what it was.

Ive seen that way too often... morons.

Great shots. I have never seen that before myself. I have heard of many trucks being stuck. Thank you for the visual!

Way to go with the on-the-spot shots. Where I used to live we had a 10' 2" railroad bridge at the end of the street and there was at least one or two trucks stuck under it every week.

When I used to drive a truck in the winter I once went under a bridge that only had 1" of clearance. Luckily the truck and bridge had been measured correctly. :lol:

Most reactions

Back