Uncertain Sunset - C&C Please

reedjam99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photosto40.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this sunset in Alaska, somewhere in the Inner Passage. It's my favorite of the sunset shots I got, but the colors just look somewhat off to me. Not sure if that's due to the extreme haze, or something I was (or wasn't) doing. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

4910725684_a4748e527d_z.jpg

To my mind there's nothing wrong with the colours here - you did photograph through a lot of haze, which shows, but which also creates an atmosphere, i.e. a visible atmosphere, which I like. The colours are fairly muted and pastell-like, which gives an impression of serenity, peace --- and the light blue and light yellow naturally complement each other.

I've always found Alaska difficult place to photograph at times............ it seems like there is haze in the air most of the time, except winter... but then everything is hard into blues from all the snow and ice....

This could benefit from a little more saturation of the sky color - the haze does give the foreground mountains some definition.......:D

Thanks guys. I've not played with color saturation in Elements much, I'll do some experimenting and see what I come up with.

I like the muted colours here. I agree the sky could be a little more vibrant but it could throw everything out of whack if its over done. Also, IDK if its just me or if the horizon is slightly off.

Most reactions

Back