TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_3812.jpg

yay or nay?

nice photo~
I think it will be better with a lower angle and without that tree

i like the idea but i think you should be closer and i think it needs more contrast. also...this just looks like one of those band photos people always shoot..

i think its neat, but ya, i agree with the band photo thing. but it fits the type of people in the photo... (what are they called again? scene maybe? i have a hard time keepign track of these people...) i also agree that a lower angle would be nice, maybe instead of being above eye level, you could have been below, but thats all my opinion and i think it turned out well anyway

Put the females in the front line so that the heads are almost equal in height when you shoot from waist level.

i think its neat, but ya, i agree with the band photo thing. but it fits the type of people in the photo... (what are they called again? scene maybe? i have a hard time keepign track of these people...)

That's exactly what I thought. I've seen a number of these types on myspace. The unconventional has become rather conventional.

The horizon is tilted, but that can be fixed in photoshop. The size difference between the people due to the wide angle is distracting. If the size difference was intentional, it could still be improved upon by having the males on the same level with each other. In this case, the females are the same size, while the bloke on the left is larger than the one on the right.

i agree on the size issue, too.

and looking back on it, yes, it does reflect a lot of the myspace band pictures-but as far as prom pictures go, i think they're a little break from the norm--especially where i live.

thanks for the feedback, guys. the rest of these photos are in the Pets&People forum if you'd like to lend your lovely advice to those!

NO CENTERED HORIZON LINE! IT ruins the whole shot from me. the tree helps the shot but you'd half to crop to maybe 2/3 of the sky away to keep that horizon off of the center. They say to know the rules of photography, and brake them, but a centered horizon works in very precise situations, htis is one where you should've followed that rule. Great concept though.

I like it, especially as a prom picture which I think kind of negates a lot of the "technical demerits" (if they can even be called such). I do like the other crop of the field picture though.

Alright so I would say to just back up and shoot this telephoto. The level of the camera wouldn't matter then. Move around so the tree isn't in the picture. and give them a little more foot room. I like the up down of the girl boy thing.

i love this too, but just to be a 'sheep' I have to agree with some of the above comments, I would shoot this from waist level and I think more contrast would definately make this POP! Great concept though! Well done.

Most reactions

Back