Under Cover

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is one from tonights shoot, please have a look and C&C always welcome.

Cover.jpg

Don't know what your trying to achieve here but draping a blanket over her head doesn't cut it for me, even a low key shot should contain information and form, not clip the shadows and use better props. H

Beautiful eyes. They really would've popped even more had she not been wearing that bright lipstick, which seems to have been applied a bit sloppily (I'm sure you can fix that in post processing, though). I love the wisps of hair!

Marian

Much better! Now you can really see the eyes pop! The last thing I would fix would be to make the eyeliner fade at the edge just a bit, so that it doesn't stop so abruptly at that bottom edge. Then I think you're done! :) Did you use that famous old National Geographic photo for inspiration?
http://www.savetibet.org/images/calendar/SteveMcCurryAfghanGirl.jpg

Marian

I'd like to see a bit more DOF...the edge of the fabric is O.O.F. Actually, it almost feels like it should be sharper over all.

The crop feels a bit too tight...but the more I look, the more I don't mind it.

I agree that the 2nd version is better (without the lipstick job).

Looks like she is from Star Wars

The face looks out of focus to me, but the eyes have a nice look to them. I'd leave the lipstick all there, its a sort of point of contrast or attention getter. I may have had her lift her chin up about an inch too.

I like the idea. Her eyes are haunting and the cape adds mystery. Not sure the quality is there. Seems like it should have been shot on film to get some rich tones.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back