Under snow C&C

thisisdup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While living stressed city life , I found piece of nature that makes me relaxed so I would like to share with you.
•Canon 700d with 18-55 kit lens

1052cc889fe0b4eebbfdbe815c18452f.jpg

Remember with lots of snow your camera is going to make it gray. So set your exposure and then raise you exposure comp up +1 or + 2 that will whiten the snow properly. This results in a much better quality photo than changing the WB in post processing.

Remember with lots of snow your camera is going to make it gray. So set your exposure and then raise you exposure comp up +1 or + 2 that will whiten the snow properly. This results in a much better quality photo than changing the WB in post processing.
Thank you so much for helping to educate my eyes . I edited photo could you check it out ?
5b97c63bdba6cb8aa994c81e20153b50.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's better. But the snow highlights should be white not light gray. Like I said above. correct this with the camera as trying to balance a snow shot with software is at best a poor compromise. Simply use this shot as a learning experience, and go back outside with your camera and try what I suggested. You will have to vary the EC up or down and take test shots to get it right for that particular scene. One more time! ;) Go back out and re-shoot it!.

Another one

e2c6f922028ce9a8d166d0933f233384.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Look here is what I could do in a short time about whitening the snow. It is not perfect, it is NOT as good as you can get by simply taking the proper exposure in the first place. DO NOT rely on post processing to correct problems that can be avoided with the camera.
e2c6f922028ce9a8d166d0933f233384-3.jpg

Look here is what I could do in a short time about whitening the snow. It is not perfect, it is NOT as good as you can get by simply taking the proper exposure in the first place. DO NOT rely on post processing to correct problems that can be avoided with the camera.
e2c6f922028ce9a8d166d0933f233384-3.jpg
I got the idea clearly thank you so much again without good coaches like you it could be harder than ever.

Thank you so much for helping to educate my eyes

Your response was right on point.

To quote someone I like and respect a reat deal - myself :1219:

"The biggest obstacle for most photographers is being objective about their own work to the point where they can stop seeing the picture in their mind and actually see the picture they have taken.
Defining the point of failure allows the photographer to find a fix.
You've recognized that this picture isn't what you want, now you need to dissect that 'failure' to understand why."

Look at each element of the picture and ask yourself, 'Is that really what I saw, how it is?'
That is the key to improvement, knowing how to prevent or correct defects.

Thank you so much for helping to educate my eyes

Your response was right on point.

To quote someone I like and respect a reat deal - myself :1219:

"The biggest obstacle for most photographers is being objective about their own work to the point where they can stop seeing the picture in their mind and actually see the picture they have taken.
Defining the point of failure allows the photographer to find a fix.
You've recognized that this picture isn't what you want, now you need to dissect that 'failure' to understand why."

Look at each element of the picture and ask yourself, 'Is that really what I saw, how it is?'
That is the key to improvement, knowing how to prevent or correct defects.

Thank you so much for helpful and constructive answer . I like quote too , wrote it in my mind and to my notes. :1219:

Most reactions

Back