Under the bridge

It really does, doesn't it?

Maybe crop the foreground -- around half? I find it a bit distracting. I want to focus on the arches, which seem like portals...

Maybe crop the foreground -- around half? I find it a bit distracting. I want to focus on the arches, which seem like portals...

Agree with the crop. Very nice photo!

Joe

great shot. Very interesting. Does need the far right smidgeon of another cropped out though.

@Didereaux Actually, if ylu look VERY carefully, the photo is perfectly balanced. The outside of the left edge is there, but the light isn't striking it the way the light on the right is.

I've played around with cropping, but I'm having a hard time determining how I like it. I HATE the foreground due to it not being level, but I've found that cropping it down almost brings more attention to that. I don't know. If someone wants to show me their interpretation of it, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. There's that rare moment when you're in the right place at the right time with the right equipment, and this happened to be it. Obviously it requires more than just luck, as you all know.

I like it a lot. I agree in the crops - I'd take the bottom and both edges (as you said, the lighting difference). There's not a lot you can do with the slope unless you want to spend hours in PS.

Most reactions

Back