Under the Pier, into the mist

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots i took underneath the Santa Monica Pier in California at night. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to add your suggestions as well.

3308168068_4c243f5403_o.jpg

3307337557_2dd7a30164_o.jpg

3307337291_e56146fe2b_o.jpg

3307337105_67b0c188b5_o.jpg

i really like how the fog is lit like that but the few stray lights i dont like but other wise awesome work

I know what you mean, it was hard to find spots to shoot from or a composition leaving out the stray lights.

I really like the first one. I may be wrong but it looks like a hdr on my screen, Just the way the colors bounce out at you

super nice series though.. given me some ideas for some hdr shots later on in the week. thanks

Grant

I like the last - the foggy water from the long exposure, the growth on the pier legs, the one light burst, the light from the side that we don't see, the reflection on the wet sand ...
I also quite like the first. The little lights on the sea (buoys?) irritated me at first, though. Had to look twice or three times (though that is a good thing, eh, if you look at a photo more carefully to understand it all???).

The textures in the second don't show as nicely as they do in the fourth. And the yacht (or whichever kind of boat that one is) in the third is more distracting than helping, I'm afraid.

I like the last - the foggy water from the long exposure, the growth on the pier legs, the one light burst, the light from the side that we don't see, the reflection on the wet sand ...
I also quite like the first. The little lights on the sea (buoys?) irritated me at first, though. Had to look twice or three times (though that is a good thing, eh, if you look at a photo more carefully to understand it all???).

The textures in the second don't show as nicely as they do in the fourth. And the yacht (or whichever kind of boat that one is) in the third is more distracting than helping, I'm afraid.

Thanks LaFoto, i always love when one of my photos gets commented by you, you actually offer constructive criticism rather than just saying that its good (which i love those comments to:lmao:) The boat in the third one i was afraid that it was going to be distracting but i wanted everyones opinion first. I never noticed the buoys in the distance until you pointed them out, now its all i can see haha, owell. Thanks for the comment again

I really like the first one. I may be wrong but it looks like a hdr on my screen, Just the way the colors bounce out at you

Nope no HDR here. Just a single photo shot in raw and a little ps mostly to add contrast and some noise reduction. I think i did a littleee bit in curves but if i remember correctly, this shot is almost left alone. Guess i got lucky with the exposure

Most reactions

Back