underwater camera housing for non-DSLR digitals.

Ganoderma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am trying to track down an underwater housing for my camera. I have a Nikon CP 5400 and would LOVE to get a housing so i can get some coral reef shots!!! but alas i cannot find my model :( this site is awesome, lots of models but not mine. anyone able to help me out?

http://store.aikotradingstore.com/uncaho.html

wow talk about expensive! the one for my camera is nearly twice as much as i paid for my camera.

excellent thanks guys, that is a good site! but far far too expensive, i only paid $500 for my camera. i think i may go with a bag :er: i was prepared to spend 200, but 500+ is too much for me. thanks though!

are bags safe? i assume they are perfectly fine just harder to use?

I've never used either...but I would trust a case more than I would trust a bag. The cases are expensive...but when any little defect could ruin your camera, how much do you really want to skimp?

There are options. You could get a waterproof film camera or even one of those disposable underwater cameras. I believe that there are waterproof digital camera, and they aren't that expensive. You could even buy it, use it and then sell it (or return it).

i do agree with that, but when the case is worth about double what the camera is worth i am not so sure. that and i really dont have $600 to spend on a case alone, unfortunately. i am thinking going with the bags.

as for underwater cameras, there are cheap ones but the features kind of suck. at the very least i want shutter speed, aperture, WB, focus and a few other options as manual. the cheaper underwater cams don't seem to line up until you get into high prices. i am also thinking about purchasing a DSLR, liekyl cannon rebel 30d, so this 5400 would be more or less disposable ( i hate to say that, as its not really true, but you know what i mean). it will be my "risk camera". diving, rock climbing, boating etc.

here are some underwaters i found.
http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/CTGY/camdig

I hear ya...

I've got a Canon A1, water proof 35mm camera. It's pretty much a point & shoot but it's decent. Also, I usually have one of those disposables for when I'm on vacation...that way my 20D doesn't need to go too near the water.

Also, do you have insurance on your camera? Mine is covered under my home owner's policy (with an added rider, for a lower deductible for my gear). That way, when I'm on vacation, I'm not overly worried about my gear. I'm still protective...but I don't have to stress over it.

Most reactions

Back