Underwater Photography - Moray Eels - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Some awesome shots of these Eels ,Charlie !

Some awesome shots of these Eels ,Charlie !

Eels are always fun... and there were a lot of them. One of the largest green Morays I have ever seen too... after my battery died for the day, lol!

Any one of these would leave a brown trail behind me as I swam for my life....lol...#3 especially....

Any one of these would leave a brown trail behind me as I swam for my life....lol...#3 especially....

The white/black one (#2) was out swimming free.... and actually swam between my legs, brushing up again my leg. I did hold still, so as not to startle it. They are usually pretty docile, but can bite when they need to.

Holy crap! These are terrific shots, Charlie. They may be fairly docile, but I don't like the look of those teeth. :pale: The shots would never have happened from my hands...a simple, "Hi" and "Bye" while swimming away would have done it for me...

:lol:

Oh my these are breath taking,what definition,what color.:thumbup: I can't stop trying to push a play button.

Last edited:
Holy crap! These are terrific shots, Charlie. They may be fairly docile, but I don't like the look of those teeth. :pale: The shots would never have happened from my hands...a simple, "Hi" and "Bye" while swimming away would have done it for me...

:lol:

I stayed around 12" away.. closer than that, and they start backing into their holes... some a little closer... some a little farther. I had one big Green Moray actually nudging the camera... never did get a good shot of him! lol!

Most reactions

Back