Underwater Photography

ikelite or sea and sea... nothing else would I use.. EVER..

What's your impression of their lenses? I have heard they almost match Nikonos in quality, and annihilate them in price.

I have not used them.. but I know divers who have. I know with the Ikelite you use the actual canon lens you would normally shoot with. You have to get a port to adapt to your lens. I'm looking at buying an ikelite for my 40D.

Lessons learned for underwater photographersFirst, do not put all your faith in anyone else to keep you safe during a dive. We literally put our lives in the hands of an eager, but incompetent dive guide2, who very nearly led us to disaster.

Second, don’t put yourself in any situation that you cannot safely get yourself out of.

Third, always stay calm and take the time to find a solution to your problem.

Fourth: think twice about pushing the envelope to get that really great shot or experience that really great thing. Plan your dive and dive your plan, as they say.

Good advice.
I found myself in a hairy situation on Saturday, and now will only dive my own dive. Picking the right buddy is super important, dive with someone who you can trust and with someone who has the same game plan.

Most reactions

Back