Unfullfilled...

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive just noticed...Theres nothing I truly do with my life atm.

I work
I photograph
I go on the net..

but...thats nothing...I need...something...I dunno :(

Yeah..ya just gotta figure out what it is. Personally, I think I will feel much more fulfilled if I can find a cause that I can volunteer my time for. Unfortunately, at the moment, I barely have time to sleep, much less volunteer. I think being able to help people is what I need. So...as soon as I find a way to do it...It'll all be good.

Artemis said:
Preferably id like to help people...using my photography!

Hey!!! I'd like to do that, too!!! What I have in mind...once I get the proper equipment (wanna sell me that 300D cheap? :lol:) and more skill, I want to do something with photography and the domestic violence shelter I work at. Not sure exactly what. As it is now I often take pictures of the kids playing, and give them to their mothers. I know I don't have a lot of pictures of myself when I was a kid where I was actually happy. I think it's a nice thing to have.

I find that art takes up most of my time. Outside of it and work, I do very little else. I feel yer pain bro!

hmmm you see I do this in this way:
school
physics
maths
photography
english
my exams
photography...
and so on...
nothing really what will make me feel I'm doing my best

From the viewpoint of someone much, much older than you, Artemis (and Corry, and Mentos) I must tell you that in the end life IS the things that you mention: work, hobby, sleep. OK, food along the way to keep up the stength.

What will become important to learn is find the value in the little things that life offers.

I do see why going to work every day and doing things that you don't REALLY want to do is not satisfying.

But returning to your photography should be more satisfying. For that is something for you to express yourself. I can't tell you how well I understand your feelings of not being an artist in your photography. I go through such stages over and again! Each time I get back a roll of film, go through my photos, and then compare them to the ones I see here - it's always the same: I feel frustrated at what others can do and I seemingly can't.

But all in all it is such little things in life that make it beautiful: the ability to see beauty in things that you then want to capture in a photo. I find that taking photos you actually SEE more. You live more intensely.

For me personally it is singing that adds a lot to my otherwise also fairly boring life. I just love that activity and I love to put something together that at the beginning seems too huge a task - I sing in a four-voiced choir.

So in the end there are no BIG things that come along and sweep you away and give you the feeling: ah, that's what living is - unless your Prince Goldenheart is still approaching you on his White Stallion. THAT would yet be an option for someone as young as you are, of course. Maybe it's him you're waiting for?

Pardon me if I sound like some old guy, athough I'm getting there. Arty, be patient my friend. Your still young with a lot of years ahead of you to figure out whats important to you and what to do to fill the void. You're a decent guy and that gives you a good start. Believe me, that's no small thing. Gotta go work, bye!

I'm not exactly old yet, but my advice is simple. You have to make sure all of the things you mentioned are things that you love, and are truly passionate about. Make work be doing what you love. Photography...well, thats self explanatory. It's not about what you do in life...its about how you feel about what you are doing. Love every minute that you have!

Cannot believe? or dont want to believe?

By the way guys thanks for the great advice, much appreciated...

As for the being to young thing...Im a firm believe in never being to young...
Why wait for life to give me what I want? Cant I go out and take it by the hand?....

but...thats nothing...I need...something...I dunno
Walt said it the best but for some reason I'm compelled to roll that wheel around one more time. You're young but I know you don't want to hear that :wink: Consider yourself lucky that you have the mindset to still want to seek out other things. Don't be afraid to put one or more of your current passions aside for awhile in order to experience a potentially new one.

I'm the same way. I look around my place and see all the different things I do, all the things currently on hold and collecting dust. Photography was one those and is now back in the loop. Passions are a beautiful thing to have and I think are the difference between happy and angry people. So it doesn't matter how many or which one, just make sure you have a passion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back