Unique Goldfinch capture C&C

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure where to start with this one.

There is so much I like about it, the only thing I don't really like is there is light missing in the birds a bit, I wish they were a smidge brighter and when I get my hands back on the RAW file I'll tinker with it a bit (it is stuck on my laptop hard drive at the moment but will be rescued soon).

I like the "painting" quality to the birds and the fact that the one that just took off is out of focus.
I love the interaction between the birds, the one on the feeder was bullying everyone and had just chased the fella in flight off.
I like the quality of the light that is captured on the birds (still wish there was more)
As always unsure about the crop and leaving the small triangle of light on the right.

C&C always welcome :)

Shot Settings
F5.6
1/640
ISO-500

paint1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I think it's great that you connect with the image. Personally, I do not. If they were "my" birds in my yard, it might be different. But I have a hard time seeing past how undersposed it is and that the one bird I can see clearly is OOF. You can likely fix, or at least greatly help, the exposure issues since you have the RAW file but there's nothing that will bring the flying bird into focus. I agree that it's a fun concept to have caught him just after takeoff, but I would have liked if he were more frozen in that moment (with a faster shutter speed).

I think it's great that you connect with the image. Personally, I do not. If they were "my" birds in my yard, it might be different. But I have a hard time seeing past how undersposed it is and that the one bird I can see clearly is OOF. You can likely fix, or at least greatly help, the exposure issues since you have the RAW file but there's nothing that will bring the flying bird into focus. I agree that it's a fun concept to have caught him just after takeoff, but I would have liked if he were more frozen in that moment (with a faster shutter speed).

Hi Redessa, thanks for taking a look and the time to reply :)

I have a bunch of photos of birds in flight that are in focus etc ... it is the OOFness of the one bird that I like and the odd quality of the light on the other one.

I agree that bringing up the exposure will "improve" the photo and I will def. play with it when I get my hands back on the RAW but you are right, nothing I do to it will make it a clear/detailed/standard bird in flight shot, but I think that's ok.

I connect with some of the qualities in the photo... because they are different.

I'm still so new to photography that I'm still "finding myself" ;) beyond loving nature photography I've found that part of me is different... like liking this capture lol ... it should be fun to find out where that takes me!

Most reactions

Back