University...Should I?

What everyone else said. I had the same doubts as you when I left home, but looking back on it, it was the best move I ever made. I had enough money for one months rent - couldn't even afford the flight from Malta back to the UK, but with a little bit of help from the parents and the fact that I found a job within days of landing, I haven't looked back. Given the chance, I would have gone to uni and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. You'll be fine.

Just make sure you've got an internet connection so we can all keep tabs on your new life!

mad_malteaser said:
What everyone else said. I had the same doubts as you when I left home, but looking back on it, it was the best move I ever made. I had enough money for one months rent - couldn't even afford the flight from Malta back to the UK, but with a little bit of help from the parents and the fact that I found a job within days of landing, I haven't looked back. Given the chance, I would have gone to uni and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. You'll be fine.

Just make sure you've got an internet connection so we can all keep tabs on your new life!

That would be a must, your not gonna loose me that easily...:lol:

Artemis said:
Well...thats totally made up my mind...If I had to choose right now...id go...and im happy witht aht decision...thanks guys...:)

May be nice to have a small place to call my own, and to learn photography properly so I can do it properly :)

don't they have halls or something you could stay in? If not, you might think about living with other first years. Remember, there will be a tonne of other people about to go to uni in exactly the same situation as you.

Go for it! You'll have an amasing time!

Well, well, well,,, our Arti is going to university! YES!!! you should go for it! I know what you think about living away, far from home and so on. but it's a huge opportunity to have better and easier life! just do it!

I'm also going to university not too long from now (I'm coming to the end of my Junior year in High School). And I'm pretty sure I'm going to move away. In fact the major place I'm looking at is in Chicago, which is even in another time zone from where my family lives. I haven't even really thought much about any universities in Philadelphia. I've always thought of college as the time to move out and start living on your own. College sounds like an exciting time, and I think it will be even more exciting when you get to experience something totally new like living independently.

well I'm staying in my city ... here is a very good technical uni but I'll be living alone to get rid of the parental care a bit :)

Most reactions

Back