University

i see it is a bit big. If you choose the link you will be able to see it in a better size.

A good attempt at a pleasing shot. I have no idea of the camera you used, my critique assumes an SLR of some kind.

The main problem (which I know of only too well from experience) is that there is little actually in full focus. I m guessing that you had a fast shutter speed to compensate for a long lens (300mm ?) which led to a relatively large aperture being used, the resulting poor DOF means that there is little in focus.

I would try it again with a tripod and longer shutter/smaller aperture.

Noyt saying I could do better, talk is cheap :D

i disagree, all of this is sharp imo, but there no real point to the image, i kinda get bored looking at it, its technically sound and all, but, it just seems like a shot, taken, becuae you had a camera, not becuaes you felt that it carried a certain emotion with it... and whats teh point of taking pictures that are void of emotion?

skylark said:
A good attempt at a pleasing shot. I have no idea of the camera you used, my critique assumes an SLR of some kind.

The main problem (which I know of only too well from experience) is that there is little actually in full focus. I m guessing that you had a fast shutter speed to compensate for a long lens (300mm ?) which led to a relatively large aperture being used, the resulting poor DOF means that there is little in focus.

I would try it again with a tripod and longer shutter/smaller aperture.

Noyt saying I could do better, talk is cheap :D

it's a pentax *istDL
shutter: 1/250
f/11
ISO 200
focal length 55mm

The only thing I really would have done for sure would be move so that the moon is closer to the clock tower. I think it adds a special something.

it's a good photo, but like Protean said, it doesn't have too much photo behind it (or so it seems), It looks like a great photo to try and sell to the University for their pamphlet/brochure but it doesn't seem to say too much just looking at it.

not that it matters much, but does it look crooked to anybody else? it appears to lean to the left to me.

but like everybody else said, colors are nice, but not enough to compensate for the lack of interesting things to look at

I disagree with the focus issue, I think it's fine. Doesn't speak to me but technically well done and could definitley be used in a pamphlet, etc.

EBphotography said:
I disagree with the focus issue, I think it's fine. Technically well done and could definitley be used in a pamphlet, etc.

I rarely ever look for statements in a picture. I'm into technical quality and visual stimulation. For me, Composition counts more than subject matter but is on a par with exposure and focus.

On my monitor, this shot is tack sharp and well exposed (technically excellent). You did good!
Cheers
MNJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back