Unknown Graves C&C

DogGoneGood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've went back to this place numerous times, trying to get a "good" shot, that reflects the somberness, and the spookiness, of this particular area.

These graves are in a very deserted area, off a highway that stretches for miles with no houses or businesses. Down a gravel road is an old, tiny church no longer in use, built long after these graves were put here. Most of the graves, about 40-50, are marked "Unknown", with headstones so old, they've sunken into the ground. The ones with dates, are very old, with one dating that the person died in 1845, another in 1896.

C&C on how I could get a better angle/lighting? For this one, I tried a little HDR editing to get some of the detail to pop out. I'd like to go back one day and re-try the photo's. The graves are located under very large, old towering oak tree's, so light is tricky.

Also, on the angle (with it sloping down to the right, in the back), it's because where the graves sit, it begins to slope off deeply into a large revene.

Graves of the Unknown by Danielle S. Photography, on Flickr

I understand the effect you want. Perhaps try shooting in landscape orientation and angling to the right to set the landscape horizontal? A late late afternoon sunset or very early morning as the mist is rising?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back