Unreliable models

I've had similar experiences with Model Mayhem. But, I have also gotten some really great photos from Model Mayhem models, so you take the good with the bad.
When a MM model flakes on me, I don't reschedule them.
I understand that the only thing predictable about life is it's unpredictability, so if I get a call ahead of time, I'll consider a reshoot, but if I get a "no call no show," they can go pi$$ up a rope for all I care.

It's like they want to play model, but when it comes down to getting real photos or "work", they don't want to do it.

DING!!!! DING!!!!

Most little girls out there (and they're all little girls if they flake out like this) who want to become models only want to do so for the same reasons little boys want to be professional athletes. Fame and respect. But, like most everyone else in the world, they want it to be handed to them. They aren't willing to do the work it takes to actually get there, they just want the world's most famous photographer to find them in a crowd, start shooting them and be famous. Modeling in common society is looked at like being a Cinderella. Its not about the shot, its about them.

I would suggest getting models with more experience who aren't "trying it out," or totally new. It will cost more, but how much did it cost you to only have two models show up when you were expecting a handful? Your productivity should override most cost increases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back