Untitled C&C please.

Well, here's another opinion - I don't think you've received nearly enough on here. I prefer it with some background for balance and context, but I think the sky is distracting, so I'd level it a bit (looks slightly tilted to the right judging from the trees) and then crop the sky just into the top of the trees. After leveling a bit, the crop should lose most of the patch of sky in the upper right corner. In a relatively large print, the background will appear much softer than it does at this size.

I can see where might be too much sky, good catch. I'll play with it later on.

if it doesn't add it detracts...and the excess sky certainly itsn't adding. lol

Pallycow said:
I took blue out of the highlights to remove the "cool" look. To me, we all know snow is cool...no need to make it cooler. I never have liked the "high key" thing, to me it's just jargon for "blown out".

Not hatin' on your edit, it's cool for what it is and it's your taste, so that's cool, you just picked the two things I don't care for at all and usually go out of my way to make sure they are not in my photos. lol.

Thanks for your input. :)

High key =/= blown out. Blown out is when whites are actually clipped. High key is just a light and airy but well controlled exposure.

I in some ways agree with marms. I think the overall exposure could be increased, as the barrel and bush are too blocked up with dark tones. Inherently a difficult exposure due to the dynamic range of the scene though. The first major thing that I noticed on the first photo was the horizon, but is not a factor after the crop

High key =/= blown out. Blown out is when whites are actually clipped. High key is just a light and airy but well controlled exposure.

wasn't saying it actually "=blownout", it's my interpretation of it. There are very few "high key" things that I care for. Just a taste preference. I think my taste/acceptance for it is ruined due to so many who don't do it correctly and it's just a blown out chit fest and they say "it's high key man". lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back