Untitled Portrait | B&W | Critique pls

Hmm... i am not sure, its seriously weird looking cause colors are all over the place :(

I don't dislike this... but since you're asking for critique I'll go detailed on what I'm seeing..

I'd also think to expect this in color. I'm actually very curious to see color and maybe its on another page of this but I haven't read others responses down the line to see. Maybe the color casting can be tweaked.

She's really pretty, and reminds me of the old Britney Spears for some reason. lol

The little loops under the arm from her blouse or dress or whatever it is are poking out.. little things like that I would really try to watch for while shooting because I wouldn't think that would be the easiest thing to correct in post unfortunately, not for me anyway.

I agree with whoever said maybe cropping a bit of the tree on the left if you're leaving this landscape.

Hot spot in her hair could be toned down.. and her elbow bone poking out facing the camera I might tone down.

Hmm... i am not sure, its seriously weird looking cause colors are all over the place :(
If you don't like it in color, don't let others pressure you to post the color version. If I don't like one of the colored versions of one of my photos and made it into black and white (and liked it), I don't show the color version to anybody, no matter how many people insist.

Last edited:
Her expression is kind of blank
there's no detail
there unsharpen mask is too obvious
and yeah..armpit shots are awkward

Most reactions

Back