Untitled

falbycat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
342%3A%3A38723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2343%3D%3A%3A9%3D49%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237323%3A87%3B3ot1lsi

Very new at this. Wasn't even sure if I could get it to post right. Not sure what I am looking for in this forum. Perhaps some honest critique from like-minded individuals. This is from a recent trip to Ireland, and is one of my favorite shots.

It is quite dark indeed, and it does mask alot of presumed detail. But i do like it, not sure it would be better lighter, you would probably lose most of not all of that mystique, stormy, haunted, deserted house feel it's got right now.

so i'm looking at his on my home monitor (which is better then my work monitor...go figure) and i appreciate this picture a lot more. It is still very dark, but i can make out the details now. I think if it were a little bit lighter it would help so I didn't have to squint to try and see what i am looking at.

Just my 2 cents...

I would lighten the highlights and midtones just a little to trty and bring out the clouds a little more. Very spooky and old feeling. A little soft. Autofocus from a super low angle will sometimes catch on something very close like the grass and make your shot out of focus. It looks like it is focused on the front of the bush by the house? What kind of camera? Digitals autofocus in lowlight conditions aren't great. Manual focus and a slightly longer exposure would have sealed the deal for this pic. Was Ireland fun?

Would not change a thing. Period.

The tones set the mood perfectly. While it is extremely dark, it definately works for this shot. If you think it's too dark, you should calibrate your monitor and it won't be nearly as bad.

The house looks in focus to me just fine, if only a little soft from resizing. A little unsharp mask would return the sharpness back to it's original state.

I think you should bring out the whites a little bit more I like the dark feeling but the whites would help to emphesis the blacks. If you want to give it a try I like to work in selective color becuase it gives you good tonal range control. It has a option for white, neutral, black and other colors but you can slide the white just a little to the bright side with out effecting the other values.

Other than that I like the soft focus, color and comp. Good shot

although some have a problem with the lack of light, i feel it suits the setting well! the composition, angle and treatment of light are dead on IMO. :thumbup:

I took a minute and toned it just a little bringing out a little more highlights and lightened the midtones very slightly and it really made it pop.The difference was very subtle so its pretty much a matter of taste.The comments about monitor recalibration.... the picture is dark. Not in a bad way. But it is dark.

Well yeah it is dark, but when your monitor is uncalibrated this shot will look much different than it does for a properly calibrated monitor. And if it is uncalibrated it's one of the best thing you can do to improve photography viewing on a computer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back