Untitled

Classic scene! I've seen this picture made before...in the 1920's...in the 1930's...in the 1950's...in the 1980's...it's an INSTANT classic. Well-done. So,so,so minimalist, and yet so complete.I simply love the many small specular highlights on the pond's surface on the far right.

I like it as well, which says a lot since I don't like black and white.

The only thing I don't like is the bicycle. The tree balances the man on the left side, but for some reason the bicycle seems to unbalance it again. If I were to see it without the tree I might not like it as well as I think I would but I think it would be better balanced.

It is nice! I don't mind the bicycle; however, with it brought to attention, how would it look leaning against the tree?

I like it as well, which says a lot since I don't like black and white.

The only thing I don't like is the bicycle. The tree balances the man on the left side, but for some reason the bicycle seems to unbalance it again. If I were to see it without the tree I might not like it as well as I think I would but I think it would be better balanced.

I saw this as well, but the bike adds more than it takes away I think. I took maybe 4 shots from different perspectives. There was one I liked better with respect to balance and the bike, but the specular highlights that Derrel likes so much were overpowering in that composition.

Thank you for the comment. :)

It is nice! I don't mind the bicycle; however, with it brought to attention, how would it look leaning against the tree?

This was a candid shot of a stranger. Not an option I'm afraid.

I saw this as well, but the bike adds more than it takes away I think. I took maybe 4 shots from different perspectives. There was one I liked better with respect to balance and the bike, but the specular highlights that Derrel likes so much were overpowering in that composition.

Thank you for the comment. :)
Fair enough. As long as you were aware of it and preferred it this way that's what matters. I sometimes tend to get tunnel-vision on my shots and not even notice things like that.

I sometimes tend to get tunnel-vision on my shots and not even notice things like that.

Me too. ;)

That's why I let some shots sit awhile before I edit them. Too often I come back to shots and say "WTF was I thinking?".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back