Unusual Fence C&C Please

ImageArray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
imagearray.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this pic a few weeks ago. When I first took it I really didn't like it, almost deleted it. But I dunno, now it's sort of growing on me. It's unusual, it was a fence made from old wheels and chains.

What are your immediate thoughts? Like me, do you hate it right from the get go? Or is there something you can admire about it? I don't know what it is about it that's making me suddenly like it.. but there is something.

5059350611_5b47206293_z.jpg

Last edited:
My immediate thought is that is the front wheel off of a McCormick-Deering (International Harvester) 15-30 tractor of about 1925-1930 vintage. My second thought is that perhaps a bit of cropping to remove some of the "empty" space image right and foreground wouldn't go amiss. I think this might have worked even better if shot at a time of day with somewhat less harsh lighting.

Interesting subject. Try again.

And try to keep images under 800 px so our computer monitors don't spontaneously combust.

^ indeed.

most everything is OOF.

It's blurry.

Agreed! Keep in mind I'm only using a crappy little point and shoot and I took this pic from inside my car (no, I wasn't driving - I pulled over and had my cam on max zoom - epitome of laziness right there lol). Focus is crap and can't control any setting on the cam except for exposure - so bare with me in that department lol.

I'm hoping to get my DSLR in the next few weeks. Going to re-try this shot again keeping in mind the other suggestions from above.

Thanks to all for responding.

My second thought is that perhaps a bit of cropping to remove some of the "empty" space image right and foreground wouldn't go amiss. I think this might have worked even better if shot at a time of day with somewhat less harsh lighting.

I thought this as well and maybe lighten up the shadows just a little, it seems a little dark, Then again I am no expert.
img_29651-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Interesting fence but the quality of the shot is reallly realllllly bad lol.

Compression issues?

i kinda like the fence. think i would have taken it more from an angle off to the side a bit more. more of an angle. just a little to straight on for me personally. the shadow at the bottom bothers me. but like you said you just hopped out of the car and snapped. so its not going to be perfection.

Most reactions

Back