Unusual/funny article in todays paper...

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Local reporter/photographer took his motorcycle out in the desert of S. Idaho... left civilization and set his odometer to '"0"... It read that he drove and drove down this dirt road without ever seeing any signs that man had been there - extremely desolate country !! ...... looked at his odometer and it read 49 miles - then he saw this run down log shack with no windows, an old windmill, corral and a hulk of an old Oldsmobile - everything grown over with weeds.... Thought it looked neat so he started taking pictures of it - noticed something bright on the doorway ... went up closer and there was a plastic bag on a nail by where the door used to be... it read .....

U.S. Census 2010

I can't get this picture out of my mind .....
icon_biggrin.gif

Story is in todays Twin Falls "Times News" in the 'lifestyle' section....

Wow, and I thoughtn the Census workers dropping forms off at homeless camps and under bridges was as far off the beaten pack as they ever got...guess the boonies of Idaho are also fertile ground for dedicated census workers, eh?

Wow, and I thoughtn the Census workers dropping forms off at homeless camps and under bridges was as far off the beaten pack as they ever got...guess the boonies of Idaho are also fertile ground for dedicated census workers, eh?

My first thought was that they pay the Census workers 'by the mile' ...

Owhyee County covers 7678 square miles, and has a population of 11,223.... apparently that's about 1.4 persons per square mile.. "Main" roads are unheard of... :mrgreen:

If you like quiet and solitude, with beauty and wildlife abound, this is the place !! If you like open-minded, liberal neighbors and politicans, - stay away! - They WILL shoot first..!

Just saw a bumper sticker last week....... "Californians - Go Home! ... (But leave your daughters..)"

Most reactions

Back