Unusual ghosting blurrs on photos

benjyman345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello,

I have a friend who is got a few rolls of their film developed and a lot of the photos have an unusual light blurry spot in the images. It is not always easily noticed but other times ruins the photo. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Also they are getting the rolls of film back with numerous shots randomly through the film completely un-exposed. On the index these photos are shown as grey thumbnails. Any ideas why this would be happening?

thanks

Also they are getting the rolls of film back with numerous shots randomly through the film completely un-exposed. On the index these photos are shown as grey thumbnails. Any ideas why this would be happening?
I don't understand that. Are you saying that there are lots of plain black photographs when they get their film back?

If so, that will probably mean they've been underexposed. Possibly due to a shutter failure, a manual error where the person operating the camera got it wrong or they've left the lens cap on.

I have a friend who is got a few rolls of their film developed and a lot of the photos have an unusual light blurry spot in the images. It is not always easily noticed but other times ruins the photo. Any ideas why this would be happening?
A white ghost could be a light leak in the camera. Is it always in the same place?
If it's a small light blur it could be dust or grease on the lens.

Examples and what type of camera it is would help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back