Up Close & Personal

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got some close ups of this sandhill crane preening itself, it didn't seem to mind me being there and watching.

11142078-studio.jpg

11142063-studio.jpg

11142079-studio-studio.jpg

11142085-studio-studio.jpg

11142087-studio.jpg

11142089-studio.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome shots! May I ask how you were able to get the purple in #4, or is it a trade secret? =]

Awesome shots! May I ask how you were able to get the purple in #4, or is it a trade secret? =]
I take it you're talking about the violet in the highlights on the wings, I was trying to correct that right after I posted it but you saw it before I was finished. I thought I'd corrected that previously in editing but apparently not enough. Don't know why there was so much light on that wing in that shot but not the others. Tough to deal with is all I can say. Thanks for your input.

I take it you're talking about the violet in the highlights on the wings, I was trying to correct that right after I posted it but you saw it before I was finished. I thought I'd corrected that previously in editing but apparently not enough. Don't know why there was so much light on that wing in that shot but not the others. Tough to deal with is all I can say. Thanks for your input.
No, no, that is not what I meant. I like it and would like to have the ability to duplicate it as art. I truly like that photo, sorry if there was any offense. It was not intentional. =]

No, no, that is not what I meant. I like it and would like to have the ability to duplicate it as art. I truly like that photo, sorry if there was any offense. It was not intentional. =]
Not offended at all, I can be my own worse critic and I saw that violet on the wing before you did and there's still some there, drives me nuts! I am curious though as to what purple you are seeing. I myself see some purplish tones in the bg, is that what you were referring to?

Not offended at all, I can be my own worse critic and I saw that violet on the wing before you did and there's still some there, drives me nuts! I am curious though as to what purple you are seeing. I myself see some purplish tones in the bg, is that what you were referring to?
On #4, the back of his neck and the top of his right wing is all light pink/purple. Awesome pics!

On #4, the back of his neck and the top of his right wing is all light pink/purple. Awesome pics!
I too was wondering what you were seeing that I wasn't. Now that you pinpointed it, I can see it, still a great set!

I do have a slight touch of color blindness.

Ok then, same thing I was seeing. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

I too was wondering what you were seeing that I wasn't. Now that you pinpointed it, I can see it, still a great set!

I do have a slight touch of color blindness.
I'm just impatient and have the problem of looking around too fast and overlooking things ... things like whether the water is level or not but my trusty buddy, SpaceFace, always catches it and gives me a public spanking. :dread:

Ok then, same thing I was seeing. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

I'm just impatient and have the problem of looking around too fast and overlooking things ... things like whether the water is level or not but my trusty buddy, SpaceFace, always catches it and gives me a public spanking. :dread:
You love a good spanking.😮😁

it's florida, all the old ladies get frosted tips.

great shots as always, k9!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back