Up the Hill

seven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I already posted this picture in the gallery but I thought I would get some critique on it. I used a Canon Digital Elph S410, on manual settings; daylight, iso auto (I don't get what it does), uhhh what else... no flash..., that's basically it, I can't adjust shutter speed on this camera so... yeah. it was turned to black and white in PS. I was trying to show how climbing up hills is part of the biking lifestyle. OTE

img3394copy4tn.jpg

Wow, that's a nice BW conversion. I like the comp very much. The only thing is, I wish I could either see the person's face or see him in total siloette. (I have no idea how to spell that....)

As I said in the other thread, great picture. I think maybe if the person was looking up the hill (rather than down at the ground) I might like it a little bit more.

very nice shot with an S410. The composition is done well, the bike and person are in a good location within the framing of the image. B*W conversion along with exposure and DOF are also done well. I realize you cannot control any of these with an S410.

I also agree with the other comments received so far. There is an effect of struggling of challenge being portrayed by the image, but not other perceptions or emotion. In my opinion if you could see his face this may have help or if the person was just a silhouette. I would have preferred the silhouette.

As for the head, I really have no problems with him looking down as that is what people and bikers and hikers realistically do when they are struggling or "being challenged" to push up a hill. Some claims it helps to overcome some of the psychological aspects of the tiring challenge.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back