up...up.. and away

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Something a little different.....

This weekend was the 20th annual balloon festival. Approx 60 balloons a came from all over the US to compete and even one from England.

It all began with sky divers.....
bf1.jpg

The inflating of the balloons....
bf2004-2.jpg

Flying away.... the wind has to be 10mph or less for them to safely take off and land.
bf2004-u1.jpg

Then some come back for the glow.... This is really cool in person. very difficult to capture in a picture as it is nearly totally dark and then suddenly as bright as daylight.
bf2004-last.jpg

I love hot air balloons but I'll admit, I was a little scared going up in one.

Is that Battle Creek? Nice pictures, by the way.

This is from the Michigan Challenge BalloonFest in Howell, MI. Typically it is larger than the battle creek balloonfest.

Very cool! :)

Every year I swear I'm going to the Ballon Stampede and I always forget when it is and schedule something else for that weekend.

One of these days...

Great colors, crisp shots and nice composition and I gotta agree the last ones the best.

Ah, here's part 1 then.
Again: striking colours, like I've said about your part 2 pics before.
Crystal clear day, blue-blue sky and the colours of the balloons.... Your No.2 would be very nice if it weren't for the amount of action on the ground - that's a bit distracting. No. 3 is very good and I'm sure, you too would have loved to have the entire circle of the balloon in your photo, right?
And the last one - well: WOW.
That one doesn't require any more words... Super!

Thanks for the comments. The last picture in this post is definitely my favorite. I added the rest to attempt to portray the event.

I agree about the ground activity. It is difficult to eliminate most of it as there are nearly 60 balloons launching at once and all of their ground / chase crews are present.

As for the third picture, yes I would have like the entire balloon to be in the picture, but this was the only one of those attempts where you can see all the way to the top inside of the balloon.

If you ever get a chance, it is really cool to see them all launch.

I have seen a balloon glow before and seeing your picture makes it all come back. Nice job on capturing the moment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back