Upgrade from D7000

Any other reason as to why you aren't considering a new lens or even two instead of a body upgrade? Looking at your Flickr, it appears you only have the 18-105 kit lens? Buying a lens or two like a 35mm f1.8G and/or the 85mm f1.8G would be a MUCH better option IMO. Those two lenses would dramatically increase your IQ and low light capabilities (both of which seem important to you).

I would suggest getting lenses, then body later. The D7000 is a perfectly capable camera.

I've been on the hunt for a new lens and that is my next step. I was considering doing a body upgrade as well.

Currently looking at the 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G, and a 55-300 f4.5-5.6VR.

I also have a 70-300mm but I don't have any shots with it in my flickr yet. Haven't had much editing time lately!

I guess I'll wait till I have the new lenses and see how things feel. My only worry was if I went FX after​ buying lenses, I'd be out some dough.

Then buy FX lenses.

The only DX lens I bought with my d7000 was the kit 18-105. After that it was all FX, though no AF-S lenses.

Since I bought the d600 I've only bought one lens. A 18-35 UWA AF-D which I absolutely love using. :)

Any other reason as to why you aren't considering a new lens or even two instead of a body upgrade? Looking at your Flickr, it appears you only have the 18-105 kit lens? Buying a lens or two like a 35mm f1.8G and/or the 85mm f1.8G would be a MUCH better option IMO. Those two lenses would dramatically increase your IQ and low light capabilities (both of which seem important to you).

I would suggest getting lenses, then body later. The D7000 is a perfectly capable camera.

I've been on the hunt for a new lens and that is my next step. I was considering doing a body upgrade as well.

I also have a 70-300mm but I don't have any shots with it in my flickr yet. Haven't had much editing time lately!

I guess I'll wait till I have the new lenses and see how things feel. My only worry was if I went FX after​ buying lenses, I'd be out some dough.

Well the good thing is the 50mm 1.8G and the 85mm 1.8G both cover FX :)

Why are you looking at the 55-300mm if you already have a 70-300mm? I believe the 55-300mm is a DX lens so it's not a good choice for you. If you want VR get the Nikon 70-300mm VR or the Tamron version with VC.

Why are you looking at the 55-300mm if you already have a 70-300mm? I believe the 55-300mm is a DX lens so it's not a good choice for you. If you want VR get the Nikon 70-300mm VR or the Tamron version with VC.

Yeah I'm looking for VR. I might go for the Tamron version, the Nikkor is a bit out of my range at the moment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back