Upgrade from Nikon D50

CaboWabo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I am trying to get a idea what my next move to upgrade from a Nikon D50 , I am into HDR photo and I would like the auto-bracket feature that is available , I understand you can do it manually but for now I would like this feature I just need something to make some more adjustments . I have found used D80's for a decedent price but also a brand new D5000 or a brand new 5100 I am kinda on a limited budget so a D3 is out , I live in chicago so shooting landscape and architecture is what I am doing with it . What I really want to know is a D5100 way better than a D80 because sometimes new is not always better . Thanks for any input you can give .

I would recommend you to look for used D90. In case when budget would not be a problem I would go for D7k.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response , I have been looking at them I hope to get some more feedback and buy something at the end of the week

Used D90 to save bucks or new D7000.

The D90/D5000/D5100/D7000 can only do a max of 3 automatic exposure brackets (AEB).

The D200, D300, D300s can do from 2 to 9 AEB.

Used D90. It's a fantastic camera. You won't be disappointed. What KmH said is, of course, true, though. The D300 is a great choice as well.

Mark

Thanks to all that gave me feed back I went and bought a brand new D90 I am soooooo happy today

Congrats and my D90 has served me well over the last 2 yrs. And probably used or refrub the Best Bang for the Buck option out there at the moment.

I agree on the used D90, hard to go wrong there really...

I had a D50 for years, I loved that body.. it was my first venture into digital and treated me well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back