Upgrade to D90

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I current have the Nikon D40 and would like to upgrade. Is the D90 worth the upgrade or should I save some money and go big like the D300.

Well... what are you going to use it for? The D300 is a great camera, but it might be more than you want if you are more concerned with portability and ease of use. The D90 has some excellent features too, like ADR (helps with shadows) and automatic chromatic abberation fixing, which I think is one of the main reasons to use it. So, you need to know what you want to do.

I love my D40 for its light weight, and its general ease of use. I value that above the pro features of the D300, so that's my choice.

try 'em out!

The D90 is only slightly larger and heavier than the D40x. . .the D300 is significantly heavier, more sealing and Mag body will account for that. . .

I think the D90 is usually best for the bell-curve middle portion of the population, and I'd wait given how the D400 is around the corner and will help bring the price of either the D300 or D90 down. . .

I'm not a professional or anything but I do want a great all around cameras. One that will last so I don't have to upgrade in a year or two. I'm going to a local camera store (Samy's Camera) today to check them both out.

Just an advise, if you are going to upgrade, don't sell the D40, is a great backup SLR and has an incredible quality of photos...

Most reactions

Back