Upgraded body test shot of my cat...

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I recently upgraded my main body from my trusty D90, to a good used D3s that I got a great deal on...all I can say is...holy crap, this thing blows my mind...at a quick glance from a few test shots, to me it looks like ISO3200 on the D3s is cleaner than ISO800 on my D90...crazy! I don't know why I waited so long to switch to FX, I also got to test out my new 24-70 f2.8 lens too.

I know this shot isn't anything great, but its just a test shot with the camera trying to get used to the new body, so I'm not really looking for detailed C&C or anything. just stoked, and thought I'd share...this is my usual test subject for new equipment, my Siamese cat, at this point he just kindof tolerates me as I take pictures, heh...this is ISO800, F3.2, a little cropping out some dead space and resizing, and covert to Jpeg from RAW is about all the PP done.
D3s-test.jpg

I'm looking forward to using it more, and out in the field too. yay..

Lovely cat!! Nice photo in my newb eyes.

well, I didn't pay 5200 for the D3s, and it has ~32k clicks on it already, but its pristine, I got it from a friend for a great price and some work traded....I was expecting better ISO, but it exceeded my expectations by quite a bit...I used film back in the 90's and only recently got back into photography and into the digital scene with the D90 a couple years ago....

I really want to get it on one of my telescopes and try some astrophotography with it, but I need a good remote release for it since the one for my D90 isn't compatable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back