Upgrading my Sony Cybershot

nyy12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I have a question...I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H1 and I've been researching about the new DSC-H50 because I'm heading over to Europe soon and i want the best pictures possible. The DSC-h1 has really been a superb camera for me but seeing that sony has released the H2, H5 and so on, i was wondering if my camera is now obsolete. Basically, what i'm asking is if the new DSC-H50 is worth the $350 and the upgrade from my old camera. Thanks a lot.

Harix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC-H1 will never absolete. It has excellent rating and people always want them.

Mary-Beth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You probably mean you want to upgrade YOU, not the camera. You're considering replacing that DSC-H1. Not 'upgrading' it, because you won't be using it anymore.

Alan Ellis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.JackieandAlan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I actually considered the exact same thing. There are only a few differences in the H-1 and the H-5, the biggest being the increased size of the optical zoom on the H-5. The H-1 has a 12x and the H-5 has a 15x. Otherwise, there are only a few cosmetic, feature, and menu differences. The H-1 is a great camera. If you're gonna "upgrade", consider moving up to a beginning SLR like the Sony A-200 or A-300 (if you wanna stay with the same brand). Staying with the same brand makes the operations transition much easier (at least it did for me). A lot of the functions, menus, etc are the same so the transition is fairly easy.

Anyway, my 2 cents for what its worth.

AE

BTW: Great forum and my first post. Looking forward to more.

OP
N

nyy12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
You probably mean you want to upgrade YOU, not the camera. You're considering replacing that DSC-H1. Not 'upgrading' it, because you won't be using it anymore.

True, i want to buy a new cybershot. By "upgrading" i meant that i wanted to stay within the model of the point-and-shoot models, preferably the DSC-H's

Most reactions

New Topics