Upgrading my Sony Cybershot

nyy12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I have a question...I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H1 and I've been researching about the new DSC-H50 because I'm heading over to Europe soon and i want the best pictures possible. The DSC-h1 has really been a superb camera for me but seeing that sony has released the H2, H5 and so on, i was wondering if my camera is now obsolete. Basically, what i'm asking is if the new DSC-H50 is worth the $350 and the upgrade from my old camera. Thanks a lot.

have a look at the reviews on b+h and Amazon Also try
Only you are going to know if its worth the upgrade.

Oh you can also use Flikr to view photos taken my the camera you want

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
DSC-H1 will never absolete. It has excellent rating and people always want them.

You probably mean you want to upgrade YOU, not the camera. You're considering replacing that DSC-H1. Not 'upgrading' it, because you won't be using it anymore.

I actually considered the exact same thing. There are only a few differences in the H-1 and the H-5, the biggest being the increased size of the optical zoom on the H-5. The H-1 has a 12x and the H-5 has a 15x. Otherwise, there are only a few cosmetic, feature, and menu differences. The H-1 is a great camera. If you're gonna "upgrade", consider moving up to a beginning SLR like the Sony A-200 or A-300 (if you wanna stay with the same brand). Staying with the same brand makes the operations transition much easier (at least it did for me). A lot of the functions, menus, etc are the same so the transition is fairly easy.

Anyway, my 2 cents for what its worth.

AE

BTW: Great forum and my first post. Looking forward to more.

You probably mean you want to upgrade YOU, not the camera. You're considering replacing that DSC-H1. Not 'upgrading' it, because you won't be using it anymore.

True, i want to buy a new cybershot. By "upgrading" i meant that i wanted to stay within the model of the point-and-shoot models, preferably the DSC-H's

Most reactions

Back