Upgrading to 7D need some advice on some lenses.

Is the mk3 able to use different lens?

No, the MKIII is also a full frame camera. Therefore you can't get EF-S lenses for it.

Personally, I'd do 5DmkI + 50mm f/1.4 for roughly the cost of a 7D. You already have an 85mm prime which is GREAT on a FF camera. Just sell your other unusable glass and get another lens after that.

Is the mk3 able to use different lens?

No, the MKIII is also a full frame camera. Therefore you can't get EF-S lenses for it.

Personally, I'd do 5DmkI + 50mm f/1.4 for roughly the cost of a 7D. You already have an 85mm prime which is GREAT on a FF camera. Just sell your other unusable glass and get another lens after that.

I'll echo that. The 85 is a great lens on a FF body. I've used it with the mkII - I now have the mkIII where the focussing is much improved but may be more than you require. As people jump on the mkIII bandwagon you may find more and more mkII available at a reasonable price. The other thing about full frame is that the glass you have has to be good glass as it will show more flaws, but you will be rewarded with better IQ.

If you can, hold off for a month or two and see if you can get a MKII at a good price as people upgrade. I don't believe Canon's assertion that the MKIII isn't a replacement for the MKII. It clearly is they are just trying to hold the new price of the mkII up until they do stop production.

I havnt been able to sleep cause I'm thinking of goin with the 5d mk iii.

Do focal distances on EF-S lenses represent the actual focal length or do you still have to multiply by 1.6?

You would think that since EF-S is only for crop sensors, it would represet the actual focal length since you can't even mount it onto FF.

It does represent the actual focal length, it just doesn't represent the equivalent FOV focal length, which they should.

Crollo said:
It does represent the actual focal length, it just doesn't represent the equivalent FOV focal length, which they should.

Why? Focal length is focal length.

Crollo said:

Why? Focal length is focal length.

Same reason point and shoot cameras supply 35mm equivalent focal length. It confuses the hell out of unaware people.

I havnt been able to sleep cause I'm thinking of goin with the 5d mk iii.

As long as you know that it will limit you to only your 85mm.

Well i bought the 5D Mk iii :D

Will probably order a 24mm 1.4 via B&H. Ill post some photos asap!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back