Uploading pictures from camera to computer.

trapspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Rebel XT and am using a USB cable that plugs into the camera to upload pics to my computer. I'm noticing it takes 10+ minutes to transfer 100 or so pictures. I get the initial popup asking if I want to select the pics or just download them but after that nothing else happens. Maybe 10 minutes later the Picture Viewer will pop up out of nowhere.

Is there a faster way to transfer my pictures to my computer?

sandisk makes a product called transfer mate. cost was around $20. i use it and it is way faster.

How old is your computer? Because I believe if it is from older than 2004 it may possibly have a 1.1 USB.

Yeah get a card reader. Then you don't need the dumb cord. :)

It's newer than 04. I'm 90% sure it's 2.0.

Which card reader do you guys recommend that's pretty cheap? I can't find anything called "Transfer Mate."

LOL well it seems a logical name doesn't it. Maybe you should market it that to Kingston and other SD makers:)

It's newer than 04. I'm 90% sure it's 2.0.

Which card reader do you guys recommend that's pretty cheap? I can't find anything called "Transfer Mate."
Pretty much any card reader will work. I paid $20 for mine at Staples. I don't know the model, but it's a Sony with a brushed-aluminum looking top plate.

look closely around your computer, most are coming out with SD slot built into the computer, nothing is faster than that, not even close. I took in 650 3M pixs ( close to 2G total ) in just a few minutes...but i'm working with a dual core and 1.5 gig of ram, that does help too......

My gf's uncle had a card reader / hard drive. He bought it in Korea but I haven't seen any here in the states. He'd take it around with him, and when his CF card was full he'd just pop it into the portable USB drive/card reader and upload all the pics into that. Anyone seen anything like this?

Most reactions

Back