Upper North Falls

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Normally waterfall plus rushing water equals a cool shot. However I think this one misses. The other "stuff" just takes this photo way down. I'm not saying it always has to be colorful flowers, rainbows, and a sunset all at the same time, but in the top left, everything is too dark, the rest of the background doesnt come close to matching the feel I get from the water.

Lets see what some other people think, but I'd have to say from all of the other photos I have seen of yours, this doesnt come close.

I agree. Too dark.
quick edit:
$8547317448f16ee21002b.jpg

Attachments

• $8547317448_f16ee21002_b.jpg
    $8547317448_f16ee21002_b.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 79
Thanks, I like your edit. I was going for a darker edit, but don't think it succeeded.

(Updated OP with another shot)

I like your updated shot a lot better. In the first one the top left and the bottom part of the frame just didn't really have much going on, all the action is in the top right third of the frame. The new one you've posted is a lot more balanced and I definitely like that the waterfall is bigger.

Thanks Steve. I re-worked the original too. Just kind of a blah day, light-wise. Good light would've been nice!

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen such clear blue water. I live in Oklahoma. The water is red dirt colored!

very nice. I like the close up one a lot.

It looks like I'm the first to comment on #1. For me, that's the wall hanger.
The second one, even lighten just didn't rattle my cage. It's by no means, bad, but it just doesn't stand up to #1
There's my 2 cents

#1 is certainly the best, but it just doesn't feel weighted right. I think in this case the waterfall should be centered because there isn't really anything interesting in the foreground.

#1 is certainly the best, but it just doesn't feel weighted right. I think in this case the waterfall should be centered because there isn't really anything interesting in the foreground.

But if you centered the falls, you would lose the foreground fallen logs. To me, they add a lot to the photo.

I somewhat agree with you, although I do see what he was trying to do by leading your eye from the waterfall in the top left and out of the frame at the bottom right.

I prefer the edit of the second shot of the 3 as I like seeing the water as the foreground like that but I feel like it's cropped too tight above the waterfall.

Still some nice photos though.

The last one is nice! :) Good interest in the foreground with the water in motion!

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen such clear blue water. I live in Oklahoma. The water is red dirt colored!

It can be pretty nice in this area. Derrel was explaining the other day how a lot of these falls are rock bottomed, instead of dirt and silt bottomed, so they are much more clear because of that.

very nice. I like the close up one a lot.

Thanks. I was out in the water to get it. In retrospect, I may have gone with a slightly longer focal length and got a bit lower to the water.

Hmmm in #1 there wasn't a lot of visually interesting stuff on the right. The logs and the rock in left frame were more interesting to me.

But if you centered the falls, you would lose the foreground fallen logs. To me, they add a lot to the photo.

Pretty much my thinking.

I somewhat agree with you, although I do see what he was trying to do by leading your eye from the waterfall in the top left and out of the frame at the bottom right.

I prefer the edit of the second shot of the 3 as I like seeing the water as the foreground like that but I feel like it's cropped too tight above the waterfall.

Still some nice photos though.

thanks!

Most reactions

Back