Urban Fragments

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on my first full fledged photo shoot in a while last weekend, and came out with a lot of urban type architectural shots.

C&C?

476320638_b3f9f164e4.jpg

477629253_55afb0f66a.jpg

477629277_c93361e302.jpg

477629309_03c3393a6a.jpg

477629321_b4f1ff4f88.jpg

477945932_3851dcf96b.jpg

479523969_9ec8311623.jpg

I don't know whether it's the Californian light, but there's a definite warmth to the shots (except #6 perhaps). I like them a lot. Got any more?

>;o))

these are great! I really like #4... leaves a lot to the imagination.

Is the keyhole upside down in #5? I like #6 the best.

The focusing is nice in all of the shots, and all the exposures and colors are good as well...
but, I can't tell what the artistic focus of any of these shots are. The only ones that might have a clear focus are the ones with a lock, in which the focus might be, being locked out of locked away or blocked in somewhere. I'm not sure. Don't let yourself think "close-ups are artistic" without really backing that up. Keep working on close-ups though, I think you can really pull off some nice shots.

Very nice Cherry! The texture on them is fantastic!

5 and 7 are my favorites, though I'd rather see the lock in 5 more centered or somehow cropped differently so the entire lock unit is in the picture. But that's just me.

Not sure what you were trying to show in 1 and 3, especially with the focus in 3 not being on what I think would be the natural focal point, the point at where the metal parts of the window frame meet (if that makes any sense).

Thanks, everybody!

I don't know whether it's the Californian light, but there's a definite warmth to the shots (except #6 perhaps). I like them a lot. Got any more?

>;o))

Well, it was a very sunny day. I do have a couple more, so I might post them if I decide they're good enough.

gmarquez said:
Exactly...I'm beginning to think that she may be the queen of textures! I like the lock the most.

You guys are making me blush! Thanks. :)

Trenton Romulox said:
The focusing is nice in all of the shots, and all the exposures and colors are good as well...
but, I can't tell what the artistic focus of any of these shots are. The only ones that might have a clear focus are the ones with a lock, in which the focus might be, being locked out of locked away or blocked in somewhere. I'm not sure. Don't let yourself think "close-ups are artistic" without really backing that up. Keep working on close-ups though, I think you can really pull off some nice shots.

Thank you for the critique. :thumbup: Yes, I know not all of them are perfect; I was mainly trying to work on my macros and using DoF.

Claff said:
5 and 7 are my favorites, though I'd rather see the lock in 5 more centered or somehow cropped differently so the entire lock unit is in the picture. But that's just me.

Not sure what you were trying to show in 1 and 3, especially with the focus in 3 not being on what I think would be the natural focal point, the point at where the metal parts of the window frame meet (if that makes any sense).

Thanks. With number 1, I think I was mainly trying to show the colors. It's not my favorite either, though.
As for #3, do you mean number 2? That's the one with the window frame. Either way, I wanted to get the texture of the spots of paint, as well as the beautiful rustic color of the window panes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back