Urban Outfitters Should Be Ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fwiw, i actually agree with the OP, the photos are crap and why not point that out to lots of people, if anyone from the store gets wind of it maybe they will think 'how the hell did they get past the management' and sort it out.... its the internet, people vent about things all the time, i don't why people still get surprised by it.

Well fwiw, i actually agree with the OP, the photos are crap and why not point that out to lots of people, if anyone from the store gets wind of it maybe they will think 'how the hell did they get past the management' and sort it out.... its the internet, people vent about things all the time, i don't why people still get surprised by it.

So by the same token, if the internet whiners get wind of how annoying they can be, maybe they'll stop to? :mrgreen:

Urban Outfitters.........just got free advertising......lol
:greenpbl:

Their stuff is way overpriced and garbage IMO. Tacky, ugly, corny, not well made. So I guess the same applies to their photos.

:)

If you are a photographer, or just love photography, read my rant. Trust me... it's worth it.

Gypsylicious Was Here...: RANT: Urban Outfitters Should Be Ashamed...

I did look at the pictures, and read your "rant".

It seems clear to me that you are prone to overreacting.

Why does it matter if someone else takes bad pictures? Will this affect you in a negative way? It seems to me that it’s quite the opposite in fact.

You claim that you could take "10x better pictures". If everyone in the world was able to take outstanding photos, then how would yours ever stand out?

I see this as a recurring theme in blogging, and internet forums.

I am just glad that the majority of the people in this forum are mature, and not prone to the kind of behavior you are displaying. If they weren't, I would most likely be history.

I have been on about 12 deployments to Afghanistan, Kuwait, Oman, and the Philippines over the last 10 years. I have lived in tents, ate MREs, and used nothing but portable toilets for up to 6 months at a time. I realize that my skin is a bit thicker than most when it comes to this stuff.

Don't you think that maybe you are too worried about little things, and what other people think and do? Worry about yourself, and your friends and family, random people like the girl that took those pictures shouldn't matter to you. At least not more than a quick "those are bad pictures lol".

Its clear that this thing truly did upset you, which seems quite unnecessary to me.

I can tell you 100% for sure that if you live your life like this, you will never truly be happy.

Try to focus on the positive thing about those pictures, which is that they make yours look EVEN BETTER. Think about it!

I truly hope this does help to change your outlook on life. :mrgreen:

Okay, I am going to clear a few things up here.

1) There was no name calling involved on my end, so I'd appreciate it if that were noted seeing as how suddenly I'm the bad guy here for having an opinion. I have no sort of "serious" response to offer to someone who comments on my thread simply to try and put me down to make themselves feel better. That's not why I posted this.

2) It is my opinion, and I posted it simply to share on an open forum. Last I checked, that's exactly where these sort of posts should be made.

3) I never disagreed with anyone that I need to go out and shoot more (not that it is anyone's business how often a photographer shoots) but I -am- mature enough to confront the comment and say you're right. Every photographer could spend more time shooting. That has absolutely nothing to do with my rant, however. At all.

That's what really makes me laugh, is when people jump into other people's threads and post comments just because they think they're being funny and since they are hiding behind their big, bad computer, they think they can say whatever they want to people and get away with it. It seriously just makes me laugh.

If you are a photographer, or just love photography, read my rant. Trust me... it's worth it.

Gypsylicious Was Here...: RANT: Urban Outfitters Should Be Ashamed...

I did look at the pictures, and read your "rant".

It seems clear to me that you are prone to overreacting.

Why does it matter if someone else takes bad pictures? Will this affect you in a negative way? It seems to me that it’s quite the opposite in fact.

You claim that you could take "10x better pictures". If everyone in the world was able to take outstanding photos, then how would yours ever stand out?

I see this as a recurring theme in blogging, and internet forums.

I am just glad that the majority of the people in this forum are mature, and not prone to the kind of behavior you are displaying. If they weren't, I would most likely be history.

I have been on about 12 deployments to Afghanistan, Kuwait, Oman, and the Philippines over the last 10 years. I have lived in tents, ate MREs, and used nothing but portable toilets for up to 6 months at a time. I realize that my skin is a bit thicker than most when it comes to this stuff.

Don't you think that maybe you are too worried about little things, and what other people think and do? Worry about yourself, and your friends and family, random people like the girl that took those pictures shouldn't matter to you. At least not more than a quick "those are bad pictures lol".

Its clear that this thing truly did upset you, which seems quite unnecessary to me.

I can tell you 100% for sure that if you live your life like this, you will never truly be happy.

Try to focus on the positive thing about those pictures, which is that they make yours look EVEN BETTER. Think about it!

I truly hope this does help to change your outlook on life. :mrgreen:

I really do appreciate your post. This is how a mature person responds to something they don't necessarily agree with. Thank you, and I heard what you had to say a lot more clear than someone trying to call me names and make witless comments.

I will tell you a little secret. I used to play World of Warcraft lol.

Its simply unreal how some people act playing that game. Terrible name calling (even for me), endless rants, racism, intolerance, backstabbing others, etc.

I will admit that even I fell in to this trap at least a little. It taught me some things about human nature, and actually made me a better person I think. I am glad that I no longer play though, it’s like electronic crack. Bad news imo.

It seems to me that anonymity makes people act far worse than they would standing face to face with someone. This is probably because if they did they would quite possibly have a real fight on their hands.

I am glad that my post was able to help you. I am a bit of a student of human nature, and I love to try and put it to good use.

Gypsy...

You are right that you are 100% entitled to your opinion.

As am I, which is why I think I was able to tell about you, right away. You hit the nail on the head just now with all that WoW stuff. I don't play, but I've had my fair share of online gaming experience and it's like clockwork, the way that people act.

Thanks again for your comments. I appreciate it.

I'm not as passionate about urban outfitters but i see your discust with those photos... if they were posted on this forum and asked for c&c they would get torn apart

It seems to me that anonymity makes people act far worse than they would standing face to face with someone.

For the record... anything I say on the forum... I'd say to your face. :biggrin: I'm apart of two forums through facebook that access your facebook account, therefore displaying your real name and whatnot... and I behave the same way there as I do here... which is how I am in person. :biggrin:

Not *everyone* says what they say supposedly *only* because they're anonymous. :sexywink:

And you also didn't say anything out of line, completely immature, or completely irrelevant to the conversation. That's what we're talking about, not voicing your opinion in a "I respect human beings because I want to be respected too" sort of manner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back