Urban Style shots in Brighton

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Here's a couple from my last trip to Brighton. Hope you enjoy.

Rob

brighton.jpg

brighton2.jpg

Good Pics, I am fascinated by the last shot not only by the image, which stands on its own. But why all the wire? Where does it lead too?

Thanks for the kind words Cruzin.

It's the entrance to the derelict West Pier shot at first light. Students used to try and get on it and smoke dope, or whatever students do these days - probably strip pokemon or something!

Brighton Council, being a bit rubbish, cobbled together that monstrosity out of stuff they found lying about and welded it to the gangway. Due to their complete apathy and lack of money to restore it (Grade 1 listed), one of the great structures of Brighton has fallen into the sea and crumbles slightly more every time I'm there.

I need to get myself a 500 or a 1000mm lens (or a boat) to capture some more of the detail, because the pier is about 1/3 mile out in the sea and soon it will be gone forever.

Rob

When I go to Brighton (only 40 mins down the line from me) I find nothing I like about it ...... but you got two good pics there ........

p.s. I got a 500mm Mirror lens for my Centon DF300 (Currently on loan to my nephew) so maybe when I get it back I'll have a pop at those pics ;)

That second one has a blue hue to it doesn't it? How comes?
I like them both but prefer the second. It's very imposing and edgy. I just like it because I do.

ferny said:
That second one has a blue hue to it doesn't it? How comes?

You caught me! I upped the blue in PS to make the BG more interesting. What is strange though is that the gaps in the fence mesh are more blue in the original, I guess that this is a sort of polarising effect, but I'd never have thought it would be so pronounced.

Glad you like them!

Rob

I just checked and the gaps between the mesh are the same colour as the sky. Over to the left it's darker than the right though. Give it a go. Open up the image and blow it up. Then take a section of sky and float it around the mesh. See? It's the same colour most of the time! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back