Urgent Question -

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm leaving soon to go somewhere in a group and I if I bring my camera I'll be forced to leave it in the car for the entire day...

How hot would you trust your 20d getting? (not in direct sunlight of course)

It can probably reach up to 125 degrees in the cars in the summer... So do you think a 20d would survive in these conditions? Or should I just not bring the camera at all? :confused:

I'm fairly certain it will be fine. Actually using it in temperatures that high, may cause problems...but if it's just sitting there...there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Just make sure that it's not in the direct light.

Thanks Big Mike,
I'll definitely take it then. I'll just try to keep it as cool as I can. :thumbup:

Camera should be fine, I'd be more worried about the lenses.

a friend of mine once suggested i buy one of those cheap styrofoam (sp?) coolers and a reusable ice pack wrapped in a plastic bag and thin towel to store my camera bag in when i had to leave it in my car on really hot days. he said it will help keep it cooler, but also make it a little less likely to be stolen if someone looked in the car and saw a cheap cooler rather than a camera bag. the cooler and ice pack shouldnt cost more than $3 or so, and it seems like a very cheap way to keep a camera safer in a hot car.

i should point out that i havent had to try this yet, but it seemed like a good idea to me.

a friend of mine once suggested i buy one of those cheap styrofoam (sp?) coolers and a reusable ice pack wrapped in a plastic bag and thin towel to store my camera bag in when i had to leave it in my car on really hot days. he said it will help keep it cooler, but also make it a little less likely to be stolen if someone looked in the car and saw a cheap cooler rather than a camera bag. the cooler and ice pack shouldnt cost more than $3 or so, and it seems like a very cheap way to keep a camera safer in a hot car.

i should point out that i havent had to try this yet, but it seemed like a good idea to me.
I would hate to have water leak on my camera! lol
I'd definitely try to make something that wouldn't leak water.... but it's a good idea... :thumbup:

i think thats why he suggested using the reusable ice packs. unless it cracks, it wont leak and the condensation from it would be held in by the plastic bag, and any that by chance got on the outside of it would be absorbed by the towel. putting the whole camera bag inside the cooler would also help prevent the camera from somehow getting wet too.

like i said, i havent tried it, but i know he has and he said hes never had a problem doing it. personally, im the type that would like to see it done with someone elses gear first too, but ive known him for a very long time, and i dont think he would steer me wrong. on the other hand, im also the type of person that refuses to leave his camera and gear inside a car away from my line of sight, so it may be a very long time before i had to try something like that, if ever.

Most reactions

Back