Urgently need help choosing a camera

Savak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to buy one by the 5th Oct. I know nothing about cameras so I want your recommendation. What I require is something for about $400-$450. I would like to have manual options for the settings. I'd obviously like good pic quality with the ability for video (and zooming within video) I want it to have a rechargeable battery. It has to be quite compact. Preferably with aperture speed adjustment. Stabiliser stuff. Basically just the dog's ******** for that price range. Find me one please!

you can't get a good DSLR with video. It just isn't how that stuff works.
You could get an S5 or something....but if you want a really good CAMERA...then you should look more into digital rebel or rebel XT. Should be right around your price range. You won't get video, but that's not what a camera is for...that's why they make video cameras.

you can't get a good DSLR with video. It just isn't how that stuff works.
You could get an S5 or something....but if you want a really good CAMERA...then you should look more into digital rebel or rebel XT. Should be right around your price range. You won't get video, but that's not what a camera is for...that's why they make video cameras.

OK, but what about something like Canon Digital IXUS 960 IS - that does good pics and video right? Am I after a compact digi? Whatever, I don't know. Priority is good pics, but must have the ability to take some video too. A point and shoot - but with manual options.

OK, but what about something like Canon Digital IXUS 960 IS - that does good pics and video right? Am I after a compact digi? Whatever, I don't know. Priority is good pics, but must have the ability to take some video too. A point and shoot - but with manual options.

No, because that camera does not offer actual manual settings.

Go for an S5 IS or a G9...much better if you're looking for manual settings.

Yeah, I said it needs to be compact. Neither of these can really be described as compact? Also the G9 seems to be outside the price range.

Most reactions

Back