US Coast Guard at Sunset

Ray22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think, and what I should have done better... live and learn!:confused:

The first one was a semi HDR only using 2 images. I did it hand held and I didn't really went for it. But i still ended up doing an HDR Version. I should have set up my tripod and take my time for the HDR. :(

Attachments

• $DSC_0056_HDR copy 2 sharp smooth.jpg
    $DSC_0056_HDR copy 2 sharp smooth.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 124
  • $DSC_0063 copy sharp and smooth.jpg
    $DSC_0063 copy sharp and smooth.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 118
I like #1. Nice shot of a 270.

#1 for me - #2 is a nice silhouette - is that what you were going for?

WesternGuy

Well...a quick note on composition of #1: The shot lacks a good subject (even thought it is supposed to be the boat) and are way off-balcnce. There is a ton of empty space on the LHS, while the boat is completely sliced in half on the RHS. Also, the floating "things" I am unsure of...my eye doesn't know what they are...and doesn't particularly like them. I like the sunset feeling to them...feels good to look at, but the composition is lacking. I would suggest browsing through some photos on this forum to get a better idea of what I'm talking about...check out the beginners forum. Good job and good luck!

The lighting is better on the first, but the composition is better on the second. As was said above, there is too much space on the left hand side. It is much better balanced in the second image. However, NEVER cut off your subject.

Thank you all so much for the tips,much appreciated. I always make a mental note of this and work with it the next time!

Most reactions

Back