USE THE MANUAL OPTIONS OF YOUR CAMERA..

aldana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
51 West 14th St, #2R (5th/6th Ave). New York
"HOW TO USE THE MANUAL OPTIONS OF YOUR CAMERA". Free!!!!
To all of you who put your camera on automatic all the time!: Learn to craft the image you want instead of what the camera's programmers want. Each short session will consist of an introduction to the use of the manual controls on cameras, covering use of aperture, shutter speed and the camera's lightmeter.
Bring your camera!

Click here to view others seminars: http://www.photomanhattan.com/#seminars
To reserve your space visit our web site www.photomanhattan.com or contact us 212 929-3302

PhotoManhattan
51 West 14th Street, #2R.

The best way would be to block their I.P address: slightly more permanent than just suspending their user-account, because it's not hard to set up a new user-account, but slightly more difficult to set up a new/forged I.P address, unlesss you're quite IT/'net literate.

I've just noticed that sadly this forum doesn't have a button for reporting bad posts or threads to the Mods (or if it does have that facility I can't see the button)

I'm sure the mods are aware of the situation & I'm sure this user has been warned about this type of post in the other topic forums. The other posts have been deleted or edited.

This post is in the classified section though. As long as it's not excessive and as long as it's not in the other (non-classifieds) forums...I don't personally have a problem with it.

consider this your new home then. please do not post these in other areas.

Why is everyone so worked up about these free classes? It look like a nice oportunity to learn something, and it's free besides. Just because you are such an officinado on photography doesn't mean everyone should be denied the information.

paul rond said:
Why is everyone so worked up about these free classes? It look like a nice oportunity to learn something, and it's free besides. Just because you are such an officinado on photography doesn't mean everyone should be denied the information.
Because people are sick of spam. Where it's obvious the poster copies and pastes the text to every forum they find. This is a community and people coming just to sell their product gets annoying. Sure it says free... but there's no such thing as a free lunch as they say.

Let's see, you say some people just come and sell their stuff here without participating? Custom cases?... Photo Restoration... Online Portfolios?... and a few more I found over the year? Isn't that what classifieds are for? Isn't that what makes this site as interesting as the forums? Free Photo classes? Custom Cases? Online Portfolios? Sounds like something you can't find at the local stores in Oregon. Sounds like you are doing this community a service by listing it here?

Why don't you just get rid of this section if you don't want people to list their products and services? Perhaps you should have a "members with over 100 posts" classified section so this won't happen anymore? BUTTttt.... On the other hand, If that seller placing the adds sees you attract business, they will be back, so will your participants who found the service listed here. Your forums will also have something to talk about as well. I found some great deals and learned a few tricks here, I enjoy coming back. Your participants are young and inexperienced form what I see on the forums, they should welcome these kinds of classes. What photographer doesn't want to learn a new trick? But to ban it before even seeing what it is?... sounds awfully closed minded.

paul rond said:
Let's see, you say some people just come and sell their stuff here without participating? Custom cases?... Photo Restoration... Online Portfolios?... and a few more I found over the year? Isn't that what classifieds are for? Isn't that what makes this site as interesting as the forums? Free Photo classes? Custom Cases? Online Portfolios? Sounds like something you can't find at the local stores in Oregon. Sounds like you are doing this community a service by listing it here?

Why don't you just get rid of this section if you don't want people to list their products and services? Perhaps you should have a "members with over 100 posts" classified section so this won't happen anymore? BUTTttt.... On the other hand, If that seller placing the adds sees you attract business, they will be back, so will your participants who found the service listed here. Your forums will also have something to talk about as well. I found some great deals and learned a few tricks here, I enjoy coming back. Your participants are young and inexperienced form what I see on the forums, they should welcome these kinds of classes. What photographer doesn't want to learn a new trick? But to ban it before even seeing what it is?... sounds awfully closed minded.

paul,

this is a community. and because its a community, that means that we are getting to know each other. and when someone comes in and posts nothing about themselves and posts only spam ads to make money or gain for themselves, its not acceptable. get to know the people, THEN offer your services. thats how the real world works. and by you having only 28 posts, im not sure that you have been here long enough to understand what a tight community this is. no offense, but stick around and find out.

md

Paul if you actually read the thread you would understand that this particular poster didn't just post one thread in the classified forum. Please do yourself a favor and read before touting your moral superiority. If the poster had only posted one thread here in the classified forum nobody would have complained.

voodoocat said:
Paul if you actually read the thread you would understand that this particular poster didn't just post one thread in the classified forum. Please do yourself a favor and read before touting your moral superiority. If the poster had only posted one thread here in the classified forum nobody would have complained.

perfectly put. i think that reason alone is enough to classify this as a spam thread.

Most reactions

Back