Used Canon 40D...How much would you pay?

argh!! this is just like computer CPUs :grumpy:
40D was released in late 2007 and two years later it's already obsolete
I wish my parents are rich :(
Obsolete? Hardly. :lmao:

well according to some people it's three generations old :( :confused:
According to reality it is 3 generations old. That doesn't make it obsolete, that just makes it, well, 3 generations old.

There are people who still shoot the first generation 1D's and get beautiful shots out of them. If it still powers on and takes pictures, it's still useful.

It's really not too difficult to understand.

This is what the camera manufacturers want us to think that way. Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade :lol:
They have to make money somehow. :D If everyone bought only one camera in their life, the camera manufacturers would find themselves struggling. :D

That's the problem ... .. Man ... I need to stop looking at the 7D:lmao:

Heh, I'm actually a bit excited about the dropping prices, because I am wanting to upgrade my backup, and a 40D would do quite well in that regard.
The 40D is a great body. I owned one for a while and it took beautiful pictures. Once the price settles a bit, I'm sure they will be had for a song and what a great deal that will be.

Preposterous!

haha! I know why he said that but I won't start this whole argument again :lol:

Obsolete? Hardly. :lmao:

3 generations old, but not obsolete by any means.;)

hehe that's good to hear course I really want to upgrade my lenses first :D
hmm speaking of generations do you actually consider 50D as one generation? I mean it looks more like a warmed up 40D with better LCD, AF adjustment and this, according to many reviews, worse than 40D sensor.
Well I am really don't know if I ever will get the new 7D because no matter how good it is and all that it still has a APS-C sensor.

Yes, the 50D is a generation. If it weren't a new generation, Canon wouldn't have given it a new name. They would have called it the 40D Mark II.

The differences between the 20D, 30D and 40D are all about as insignificant as the differences between the 40D and 50D.

This is what the camera manufacturers want us to think that way. Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade :lol:
They have to make money somehow. :D If everyone bought only one camera in their life, the camera manufacturers would find themselves struggling. :D

Ha, I had a 40D for 30 days, just took it back, traded it in on the 7D & now after using the 7D just a few days, I dont miss the 40D although it is a great camara. The 7D is just better!

Ha, I had a 40D for 30 days, just took it back, traded it in on the 7D & now after using the 7D just a few days, I dont miss the 40D although it is a great camara. The 7D is just better!

not that I am trying to be a smart-ass but, duh! for the price of one 7D you could get 2 brand new 40D so it better be better xD

Most reactions

Back