Used D200

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How much would you pay for a used D200, still has box, used 10 times.

lol I got hammered asking similar q before. I'd say look at the used prices on Amazon/Ebay/Craiglist and average them out and see what people are paying for them?

I sold one recently for $600. (without the grip). The shutter had been actuated 660 times.

D200GripCordsBox.jpg

are they seperate release buttons for different types of lens??

i have a D200 and im pondering whether or not to get a grip lol...given that the new gen of camera's are right around the corner, the potential to get a current gen cam cheaper will follow (especially used) and with these grips not being compatible i wonder if its ever a worthwhile purchase unless you get it with the cam on day 1 lol

i have a D200 and im pondering whether or not to get a grip lol...given that the new gen of camera's are right around the corner, the potential to get a current gen cam cheaper will follow (especially used) and with these grips not being compatible i wonder if its ever a worthwhile purchase unless you get it with the cam on day 1 lol
Your logic (and your written communication skills) seems to be flawed.

Get a vertical grip if it benefits the way you shoot, be it day one or day 873.

It may be that the added weight and girth improves camera handeling for you, that the additional battery being on board is convenient, or that the additional vertical orientation controls and shutter release are useful.

i agree with what you're saying KmH.

but my logic isn't flawed and since i wrote it i guess i might think i communicated my thoughts well enough. but let me try to clarify...

D200 grip only works with the D200. i recently got hold of my D200 (earlier this year), while the advantages of the grip is attractive to me and i do want it, the money spent on it can rather be saved on getting a D300/D700 used (or new) once the new line up of Nikon camera's hit the market. i would buy it in a heart beat if it were compatible with the newer-future models. hopefully that wish has been answered with the ones designed for the D300/D700 but only time will tell when their replacement models are announced.

im thinking long term as well as shooting-desires/needs. as a student i guess im more wary and i think its also to do with the D200 being an old camera, im on the fence on getting any accessories that will only work with it and not any future camera ill most def get.

i hope ive clarified things a bit.

Most reactions

Back