Used lenses

Photog38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking on B&H and I saw that they also sell used lenses. I'd like to save some money, so I was thinking about buying a used lens. Maybe this one:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800533968-USE/Canon_9517A002_EF_S_17_85mm_f_4_5_6_IS.html

For almost $100 less than a new lens, would you recommend buying used, or buying new? Also, the new lens includes the lens caps, but this used one does not say anything about them. Should I assume that it does not come with them? If anyone has bought used lenses through B&H, I'd like to know if you would recommend it or not. :)

I've had great luck at B&H and KEH. I have no qualms about buying a used lens thru them versus a new one if it saves some dough.

KEH is very conservative about the condition they claim for lenses, so for example, if they say it's a "BGN" (which means bargain -- fair condition) I'd probably rate it as a "Very Good."

I've bought a lens from KEH, a used camera body from KEH, a used lens from B&H, and they're all as described/advertised.

Hope this helps.

Thanks sothoth. I still cant decide if I should get a brand new lens or get a used one.

Most reactions

Back