Used Nikon D90 I'm thinking about getting..

SmokyMtnHiker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all:

I was perusing a local garage sale site. There is a listing for a D90 body only. The seller has no idea if it works or not because they have lost the battery charger for it. They are asking $50 for it.

The body, cosmeticly, looks really good but (from pictures) how well would you figure they took care of it since they lost the battery charger..

What problems could there be with the internals if the body has not been stored properly without cap or lens (i.e. dust, scratches, mirror)?

I know its probably a long shot but I'm hoping this could be a diamond in the rough. I can get a new charger and battery on Amazon.com for around $35 both new.

Would you pull the trigger on getting the D90 at this price ($50) or lower?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I seen one on my local craigslist for $70 thats supposedly mint with low shutter clicks with all the original accessories and pictures of the items but sounds like a scam for that price. For $50.00 I would buy it. I paid more then that for my camera strap.

I should just bought it with out getting your thoughts and opinions haha it sold over the night

Thanks for your input. Next time I see a deal like this I'll jump on it.

That would have been an unbelievable deal! The D90 is still a great camera. The image quality might not be fully up to scratch, but the functionality (like the AF motor) you get out of it is great!

Yeah, I would have probably thrown my shoulder out of joint yanking my wallet out to pay for that, and I REALLY don't need it.

Well, the camera is now gone so this is academic. But here's my input: the D90 is a camera that does nothing superbly but does everything well. It is big, a bit clunky, doesn't have the most recent technology. But if nothing else, it's a superb backup camera for a Nikon shooter. It's versatile. They have very good reps as bodies that just keep going and going. For $50 it would probably be worth it to get a body that is malfunctioning and send it back to Nikon for repairs.

I am looking to buy my first camera, i need some help to choose one, please :) I am looking at Nikon D90, it is the cheapest out there..Do you think it would be a good option to start with?
Thank you for your help, in advance

I've paid more than that for aftermarket accessories that I've ended up hating. Go for it.

The D90 is a great camera, I would jump on that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back